Sunday, June 15, 2008

MinneSOta!

We made it all the way to Minnesota today.  Mike drove 670 miles.  We started out at about 7am and arrived at our first campsite by 9:30pm central time.  It was a long haul, but since it was Sunday we didn't have too much traffic to deal with.  There is a LOT of flooding in Wisconsin -- Rt. 30 was shut down around the Wisconsin Dells eastbound and the traffic was backed up for MILES.  Luckily, the westbound side wasn't nearly as bad so they didn't shut us down -- just a couple of exits were closed.  Now it's time for the kids to write a few things:

Brian: I saw a moose, it was a boy moose. I could tell.
Cath: I hate car rides, those seats in the car are murder on my back and neck,  I can't even catch a few Z's. Worst of all Brian and me are not the greatest friends in the world it was tough holding back all the things i wanted to say to him. Like turn you stupid music down before I hurt you and just things of that nature. grr. Other then that, cool trip so far.=]

2 comments:

Connor said...

hahaha wow i think ill read this everyday. did you really see a moose brian?

Anonymous said...

Wow, sis, you have finally gone further west than Chicago...still can't beat me though!!